[dropcap]I[/dropcap]n line with the city’s 75th Araw ng Dabaw celebration, Davao City’s effort to promote the city and the tag “Davao: Life is Here!” coined by its local tourism office, a blog competition has been opened to all Dabawenyo bloggers. Whether this segment bloggers meant Davaoeños who are currently in the city or even those based elsewhere is uncertain to us as of the moment.
Blog Competition Guidelines
- Each participant is entitled to submit one blog story. If multiple stories are submitted, the latest blog is considered the official entry.
- Blog entries can be published on any blog platform / website.
- Blog entry should be written guided by the campaign theme of Davao Tourism: “Davao: Life is Here!“
- Blog entry needs to use the following tags: Davao, Araw ng Dabaw, Davao Life is here, Davao Tourism, and Araw ng Dabaw Blog Competition (Strange requirement but we’ll take it.)
- Blog entry must have a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 1,000 words. Images can be added to accentuate the blog article.
- Blog entry must have feedback/comment mechanism. Part of the criteria for judging is the total number of unique feedback/comments received by the blog entry.
- Blog entry, including accompanying images, must not, in any way, violate any intellectual property right. Violation will mean disqualification of entry.
- Once the blog is published, participant is required to send an e-mail to [email protected] containing the following information:
Subject line: Official Entry to 75th Araw ng Dabaw Blog Competition
Body content : URL of the Blog Entry and Name of Participant
- The following footer is required to identify the blog as competition entry
<p><center><img src=”http://davaotourism.com/wp-content/themes/DavaoCTOO/images/ctoologo.jpg” alt=”Davao life is here” /><br /> <strong>Submitted as an entry to the 75th Araw ng Dabaw Blog Competition</strong></center></p>
[/quote] Link builders, this is how you do it.
- Blog entry can be written (okay, typed) in English, Tagalog (Davao Tagalog – FTW!), Cebuano or the combination of the three.
- As of writing, the competition has ended (midnight of 29 February 2012)
- Criteria for judging are as follows:
[quote]Relevance to the theme: 40%
Organization, Flow of Thought, “Easy Reading”: 25%
Unique Count of Comments & Feedback received: 10%[/quote]
- Winners will be announced on 13 March 2012 during the Mayor & Vice-Mayor’s Appreciation program.
- Contest winners shall receive the following prizes:
[quote]1st Prize ₱20,000
2nd Prize ₱15,000
3rd Prize ₱10,000
Consolation Prizes (5) ₱5,000 each[/quote]
- The decision of the board of judges is deemed final.
- All blog entries shall become the property of Duaw Davao Festivals Foundation,Inc. As such, the foundation has the right to copy, adapt, transmit, distribute, publish, and display the blog entries in part or as a whole.
- Duaw Davao Festivals Foundation employees are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- All inquiries should be addressed to Duaw Davao Festivals Foundation (phone 286-4103 or email them at [email protected].