Kalakbay Award’s Top Destination of the Year, check. Cleanest and Greenest Highly-Urbanized City in the Philippines, check. Most Competitive City to do Business, check.
Look no further than Davao City.
If you think of visiting the island of Mindanao, make sure to stop by in the city of Davao. Why Davao? Well, for starters, Davao is the largest city in the Philippines. To help you get to know the place even more, here are some of the facts about Davao City:
- Davao is also home to the largest, existing eagle in the world, the Philippine monkey-eating eagle. Many tourists come to see this majestic creature since it is considered to an endangered species.
- The city is known as the “fruit basket” of the Philippines. Since the concept of a city is more of buildings and cars and not fruit trees, we can justify that Davao City is so large that it even covers forests, which fruits are grown. Davao one of the leading exporters of papaya, mangosteen and also flowers in the world.
- The beaches found at nearby Samal Island are world-famous. You just can’t help but take a splash once you see its crystal clear waters and gorgeous resorts.
- The city also celebrates annual festivities like the “Kadayawan” — which closely relates to good, valuable, superior or beautiful — is one of the grandest festivals in the country. Here, you can enjoy street parties and participate in fun activities with the locals.
- If you are into mountain climbing, you might want to scale the heights of the Mt. Apo which is the highest peak in the country, and easily accessible from Davao City as base point.
- Davao City has been adjudged by Asiaweek magazine as one of the top 20 most livable cities in Asia and is ranked 87th in the list of the most progressive cities worldwide.
- The city has also one of the cleanest water supplies, not only of the country but in the whole world. Davao is actually second in the world when it comes to cleanest water supply.
- Davao city is a typhoon-free area. This makes it a great place not only for leisure, but also for business and other activities without being subject to weather disturbances like storm signal threats. Unfortunately, it also floods in Davao once in a while.
- Davao is also one of the most peaceful cities in the Philippines and has the first Public Safety and Command Center or 911 in the country. This ensures the welfare and protection of its citizens making it a very safe place to live in.
- Davao City is also known as the “melting pot” of the south since this is home to various ethnic tribes in the country. Talk about seeing diverse cultures!
- Aside from the beautiful sights and fun things you can do in Davao, the city also excels in terms of quality living. If you like to experience nature at its finest, the city has breath-taking nature parks where you could go and have a grand, relaxing time. The tropical climate of the city makes it perfect for you to enjoy outdoor
activities and events.
- Davao City is home to a booming real estate market, burgeoning call center landmarks and highly credible institutions of higher education, elements that make this place a great starting point to start a new career, a new family, a new life.
All these things contribute in making Davao city an ideal place for everyone. What else could you look for in a place? This just makes Davao city simply the place to be and a haven for locals and travelers alike.