School’s almost over and while many students look forward to beach, outings and a break from hectic school life, many others want to seek jobs for various reasons. As new graduates take plunge into classifieds, polish resumes and learn strategies to ace their interviews, undergraduates can take relief. They may not expect high paying jobs, at least the road to landing a temporary job isn’t as daunting as those reserved for college graduates. We’re talking about summer jobs available for students in Davao City.
(Disclaimer: We only republish what’s available summer jobs; utmost care must be exercised by applicants to ensure they are dealing with legitimate job posts.)
Department of Education (DepEd) opens again its annual summer job offerings for students thru the 2012 Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES).
The Deped Central Office (NCR) announced that they will be accepting 150 students this year, with employment period for 40 days. Date of application starts March 1 to 28, 2012 from 10:00AM to 6:00PM, Monday through Saturday. Salary will be minimum wage, 60% of which will be paid by DepEd and 40% by DOLE, plus additional daily allowance from DepEd.
SPES 2012 Qualifications
- At least 15 years old but not more than 25 years old.
- Must be enrolled this school year (in-school) or if not, must have intention to enroll next school year (out-of-school)
- Combine annual net income of both parents must not exceed P143,000.
- Applicants must have passed all the subjects during the current school year.
- Applicants must possess office skills with priority given to those with computer-related skills.
SPES 2012 Application
- Go to www.facebook.com/csca.deped and press ‘Like’ button.
- Download and answer the Self-Assessment Test form. If you have problem accessing, try alternate SPES 2012 form download here. (Note: You must have Adobe Reader installed in your computer.)
- Save the filled up form and email to [email protected] or [email protected] Print another copy for interview.
- Wait for DepEd email on interview schedule and control number.
- Print and bring to the scheduled interview.
SPES 2012 Interview Requirements
- Biodata/resume with a 2-x-2 recent photo, the completed self-assessment form, and birth certificate.
- College student applicants must submit recent grades and school registration, preferably for the second semester.
- High school students must provide their Form 138, preferably with fourth grading marks.
- Out-of-school youths are required to present grades available before dropping out of school and a Certificate of Indigence issued by the barangay where he or she resides.
- Income tax returns of both parents. If they are non-filers of ITRs, they must bring an affidavit duly certified by the BIR that the annual net income of both parents does not exceed P143,000.
- Note that this application procedures are only for NCR students. If you live in outside NCR, please check with your regional DepEd or DOLE offices.
Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Davao Office
LDL Bldg. F. Bangoy St., Davao City, Philippines 8000
Tel: (082) 227-4289 * Fax: (082) 226-2671 * E-mail: [email protected]
Department of Education (DEPED) Davao Office
Palma Gil. St., Davao City, Philippines 8000
TeleFax: +63  224-3274 | 221-3811
Apply now for DepEd SPES 2012 summer job opening before slots are filled up.